GF 2014 the dawn of a new era.....

Go down

GF 2014 the dawn of a new era.....

Post by Sippid on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:13 am

Well Jas we meet again for the 5th time this year, yes that's right the 5th time!!!! And out of the 4 we have  played I have beaten you on every occasion.   albino  albino  albino  albino  albino  albino  albino  albino

Its the last game of the year lets go through a player by player analysis.
Nightingale v Stewart - Stewart gets the nod here but only based on recent form. Nightingale has scored 16 tries from 21 appearances compared with the snakes 8. Manly are looking a little bit broken at the moment and they wont be looking forward to travelling to dairy farmers.

Copley v Sisa Waqa - It will be a close battle but Copley will get up scoring a double on the back of Jasper's hatred of him. Waga will be starved of ball with all of Melbourne's scoring movements going to Koriobete or ending at Chambers.

Matai v Chambers - It pains me to say it but Chambers I looking the goods, Matai has gone off the boil and Manly are playing the Cowboys

Winterstein v Auva'a - Winterstein all day Auva'a is a flash in the pan plus Rabbitohs are taking on the roosters prepare for a low scoring slog fest.

Koroibete v Tompson - The handy end of season acquisition continues to reward the fortunes faith in him 6 tries from 9 starts for the storm. Boom shucka lucka.

Thurston v Moylan - That Moylan kid is good, but Thurston. What a back half of a season he is having, if the cowboys win he is guaranteed a 4PP, must be close to front runner for Dally M this year.

Brooks v Maloney - Well brooks isn't playing but I don't think that changes much. Dirty little Aids face is in fine touch with back to back PP's I only hope the Bunnies Roosters game is a low scorer.

Bromwich v Burgess - Sammy B is having the best nearlysport season ever. Jesse B arguably in contention for Prop of the year will be a worthy competitor but I think Surgess will be too good. He did pick up a rib complaint in his last outing which is something SBW and co will no doubt be targeting, hopefully this limits his impact in the match.

Ennis v Friend - Grub v Nice Guy, Im going the grub here he has been brilliant the last 2 weeks, running the line and scoring tries. Friend is a guaranteed 4 points but I think his tries have run out.

Scott v Cooper - Scott come on, who is Mike Cooper anyway.

Andy Mac v Rochow - Andy Mac, Rochow is hardly a marquee backrower he is very good at knocking himself out though.

Jackson v Guerrra - A close match. Jackson is establishing himself as the go 2 line runner and is picking up meat pies left right and centre. Guerra has always been that guy. Jackson is slightly more consistent with his AF's/DF's plus Bunnies are playing the roosters and the bulldogs are playing the titans.

JTmk2 v T Rex - Another close match up but JT is turning into the player everyone knew he would be. Since he has started playing up the middle rather than the fringe he has picked up a try every week and a double last week. T Rex is T Rex. JT by a nose.

Lew Bro v Hoffman - Lew Bro has more tries Hoffman has greater chance to score a AF/DF. Slight advantage Hoffman.

Benry v Mata'utia - Fucking Mata'uita's imagine what their poor mother had to put up with!! Hard to argue with 5 tries in 7 starts plus the knights have turned into a good team in recent weeks.

Moga v Turner - only based on Moga having more chance of scoring a try than Turner.

Hopoate v DWz - Hops based on pedigree, have to go origin over youthful exuberance

Kickers: JT v Maloney - JT should get more points than Maloney. I think tonight will be a wrestle.

Coaches: Green v Arthur - A close one - I think Green has slightly more chance of winning at Home than Arthur does away.

So by my count its 13 v 6.

A wise coach once said backs win you games, forwards win you premierships. He then went on to ignore this advice and pick a team full of flashy fairies and ended up with a  first round finals exit. If his advice is correct I am home and hosed. Here's hoping he's right.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GF 2014 the dawn of a new era.....

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Two deserving finalists, no arguments there. But one more deserving than the other.

The Hipsters have ridden the Surgess wave all year with the big Englishman scoring over a quarter of their points! Not that I'm having a go. Two other teams had the opportunity to pick him and didn't so stink buzz to them and full credit to JC.

But the Blancas are certainly the more balanced squad in a breakthrough year (about time) for Peter Fortune who's kept the Log'o for most of the season, cleaned out his rivalry opponent and should walk home in this Grand Final. No Sweet F.A. though, who won that? Oh yeah, that's right.

Then again, all it takes is a couple of players to have big games al a Aidan "Albino Aids Baby" Tolman or Greg "Cunt" Inglis in a certain semi-final to turn the tables.

Melbourne is, for once, supporting their local league team and this tag has popped up on laneways and pub toilet walls everywhere from Mornington to the 'nongs. Or at least from Fitzroy to Fitzroy North....

So I'm going for the Blancas right? Fuck off - I live 9 minutes walk away from their coach. Go Dalston and all hail your CURRENT CHAMPION!! For the next 5 days anyway. Then forget about it.
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 pm

But I'll change my vote if we don't hear from the hipsters in the next few minutes...
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Go Hipsters!

I'm actually checking this forum in the middle of my registration exam, that's how committed I am to .. not doing my job properly.

Although, let's face it, losing the likes of Buhrer and Uate I will really need a miracle this week. And it hasn't started well.

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Maloney looks like he has offered the hipsters 18 points. But restricting the surgess to a cat b df can't be unhappy with that. Not the ideal start but could be heaps worse.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Maloney delivers, but an incredible failure by Sam Burgess at the hour of greatest need!

I need at least a 20 point head start from this game, but doesn't look like my supporting roosters and rabbits have done enough.

Going to take a something special

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Go Pete! I truly wanted JC to win until he fluked out last round.

Good to take a break from the GF for a change, and my Vodafone bill is grateful for not constant checking while holidaying in France. Whoever the winner this season will be very well deserving, far more so than if I tin-arsed it.

I haven't been following anything this week, but I'm guessing the Hipsters are going to do it tough with an underperforming Surgess.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:12 am

Not going to be easy from here, I really needed a huge lead going into the weekend, and Auv'aa getting binned wasn't really in the playbook. Looks like I'll have about a 20 point buffer, which Thurston could take care of alone.

Re Mr Dartschool's point on Burgess, no doubt he's been my lynchpin, but you could equally argue that LFB are just a Cowboys clone. I bet half of their points have come from the cows this year, which kind of defeats the concept of being a supercoach....

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:00 am

jcdc wrote:
Re Mr Dartschool's point on Burgess, no doubt he's been my lynchpin, but you could equally argue that LFB are just a Cowboys clone. I bet half of their points have come from the cows this year, which kind of defeats the concept of being a supercoach....

Woah woah woah, I don't think recruiting 4 players from last years 8th placed team gives me a walk up start. Its certainly no worse than having 4 from last years 2nd placed team, Mr Supercoach.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:30 am

Ricky Dartschool wrote:all it takes is a couple of players to have big games al a Aidan "Albino Aids Baby" Tolman or Greg "Cunt" Inglis in a certain semi-final to turn the tables

Currently seeded 1 and 2 in the protected player rankings...
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:30 am

And go the LFB!
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:58 pm

well, if I win this, no one can say it was thanks to Burgess.

I'm feeling a bit gyped tho -- how are Kyle Turner's 37 tackles only good for one point?

Also, what's with all this support for LFB??? Haven't you heard of backing an underdog before? You of all people should know that danimal.

As for LFB - there are 6 cows in your team, including all of the marquee players. It's hardly the same.

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:56 am

You gonna miss those Ben Hannant points Jas - you gotta bank on your protected boys in the clutch matches especially when Thaiday was ruled out.

Still Hipsters have points on the board, and the Cows could be in for a tough weekend!
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:08 am

And Hoffman on the bench will contribute well for the Hipsters but a potential 4 or 5 points lost compared with starting him... Coaching decisions have a history of costing GFs.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:54 am

Thank god Hoffman was on the bench!! Jesse b manning up with a double helps but still some work to do with the score line 15-0. Come on cowboys at dairy farmers!!!

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:06 pm

The cavalry arrives for the blancas and the finalists breathe a sigh of relief as the zooms again post a million points all for nowt!
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:21 pm

Shoulda, coulda, wouda...

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Hey Darts, remember that time I knocked you out of the finals?

Keep it up Sipp!
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:09 pm

I know for shame! It's embarrassing but I can't help it. From coty x4 to biggest whinger.

Up to the knights to keep this final alive. Strangely likely on their current finals killing form...
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Well done LFB, pretty poor, low scoring final though in the scheme of things- only chance or a revival is a clinic from Moylen and DWZ and the Warriors tumble out of the finals..

A few less miracle forward tries last week and the Dragons would be about to clinch their 4th premiership. Them's are the breaks I guess.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Well I am no where near home and hosed. Warriors are looking awful and 1 a piece to moylan and dwz. After friends almost certain df I think the margin is 6

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Hold the phone! 12 points to the Hipsters in the first half alone.

Maybe they'll get close enough to regret some of their selections?

ps good one fucking Warriors.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Caution: Rugby reference.

If auckland can do 25 unanswered points against wellington, we still have a chance.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:16 pm

Well I don't like this at all. It's curtains for the warriors and could be curtains for the Blanca's as well.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Moylan MOM? Wowzers.

Henry tackling for keeps though.

Are we heading for a draw?
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:35 pm

No the Blancas are heading for a loss. Well done Jas, you fucker..

Final score assuming that Moylan gets 4PP will be 25 - 27 to the Hipsters....

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Sheesh this is tight . Hipsters have left points from hannant Hoffman out , and maybe PP to Tyrone Roberts, and still hanging in there.
Don't forte a DF to rochow in the mix

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:52 am

Some kind of absolute bullshit upgrade going on - Jackson and Ennis both getting huge uplifts .... It's still not over, but I think it's LFB by 1....

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:50 am

How is it not over? Hipsters down by 8 and after the dominants from Friend and Benry they are down by 6. Are you thinking there's a chance you are going to get 7 people's player points? Moylan for 4 probably but what about the other the other 3?

That is pretty lucky with the bulldogs going into extra time and getting an upgrade, but hipsters were king of the upgrades last week.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:27 am

Go the Doggies. Jackson and Grub to the rescue making 10 tackles a piece in extra time.

I think Ben is right, Friend and Benry DF's reduce the margin to 6. 4PP for Moylan reduce it to 2. You need DWZ to get 2PP (strong chance as he bagged a double.) and Friend to get 1PP to make it a draw. I wouldn't be holding my breath on Friend though.

My final score prediction 25-24 to the Blancas.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:26 am

And there it is!!!!! 25-23 to the Blancas. Boom Shucka!!!

Ironically the Blancas posted their worst result in the most importance match of the season. Jas will no doubt be reflecting on the poor selection decisions which ultimately cost him the match. Hoffman from the bench I can understand but going Mike Cooper over Ben Hannant in a Broncos outfit missing Thaiday was a ballsy move.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:16 pm

In fairness to the selection policies - Hoffman was benched for Rochow, who justified his starting spot.

As for Hannant, he's been a quagmire all year for me. Every game he starts, he dominates, but Griffin clearly has it in for him, so if he isn't starting, it's a place thrown away. Again, Kyle Turner played well, in his stead. I didn't know that Thaiday had been cut though, bad timing with this fucking exam I've been doing. Might have changed my mind on selection, but it wouldn't have helped the result.

Congrats to LFB, perhaps more deserving winners given the course of the season, but how bad is that, the upgrades were so late that even Sipp had conceded defeat.

Meanwhile, sourgrapes Ackerman continues to get more spiteful about his comprehensive defeat last week - the sad loser seems to have forgotten that I had 7 DFs and 5 PPs in that 'fluke' victory. But if he concedes Sipp has been 'pretty lucky', then I truly do know that I've been hard done by.

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Ah deflection brilliant...

2 GFs, 2 losses. Sammy B bottled it, you left your protected player out and 2 of your top 18 got sin binned. Basically you choked moneyballer - and the prize was so close!
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Rich coming from the king of grand final chokes himself.

Anyway I beat you three times dickhead.

Also, you know the moneyball team never actually wins right?

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Please this is about Sipp's success and your failure - save your I was just happy to make the GF for the Dalston kids.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Well, regardless of whatever the self-appointed third wheel of the Grand Final says...

congrats to Sipp, despite a horrid GF performance, the Hipsters coulda, maybe shoulda, but didn't. The LFB had a great team and were strong from start to finish. No one saw the Hipsters coming, but now they'll be so cool everyone will be copying them next year.

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Thank you Jas.

Now let my off season gloating begin. Watch out rich I'm starting with you.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Ok this is all very nice Blanca, but what I know about Prospector Pete (showcased as he delivered the now famous round the corner straight sermon to Tania and Mu) and Kenny Powers is that victory isn't worth anything unless you rub said victory square in the face of anyone and everyone who didn't achieve said victory!
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down